TASE RECIPE 2: SEAFOOD & SQUID INK PASTA
I've always loved the idea of making my very own squid ink pasta. That said, I thought that it's something that's quite tough to make. I tried my hand at making it and I must say the results have been quite pleasing if not extraordinary - not to carry my own bench but this has been vouched for by my usual suspect of friends who benefit from my trysts with the kitchen stove!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3 Pax)
- 400g Squid Ink Pasta
- 8 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 1/2 pcs. of White Onion
- 1/2 Kilo Fresh Scallops
- 1/2 Kilo Fresh Shrimps
- 1/2 Kilo Fresh Squid
- Your Fave Cooking White Wine
- Place the squid ink pasta in a big pot filled 3/4 with a mixture of water, splash of olive oil and a dash of salt. Stir the pasta within the first 2 minutes to avoid it sticking together. Let it sit and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until you have the right firmness to your liking. Drain the pasta and let it cool on the side.
- Next, finely chop the garlic and slice your onions thinly and set aside.
- Then on a heated pan (big enough to hold your seafood and pasta later on), add about half a cup of olive oil. First add the shrimp and stir until it starts to turn pinkish. Then add in the squid and the scallops + chopped garlic and onion last. Fry for about 2-3 minutes just until you see the garlic browning a bit. Then add in a dash of white wine and mix for about another minute or so until your seafood is cooked to your liking.
- Once done, kill the flame on your stove and add in the pasta. Mix well. Add a bit of olive oil if needed. If you do, turn up the heat and mix for about a minute more.
- Serve on a plate, add a bit of pepper to taste. Chop up some chives and sprinkle on top of the dish.
Voila! That's all there is to it. Best enjoyed for a picnic on the beach or just for a late afternoon lunch with friends or loved ones. Hope you guys like it as much as we did!